All career advice is the same.
Work hard! Build relationships! Follow your passion! Build a personal brand! Understand your strengths! Don’t forget to find a mentor!
It’s great advice. Except, it doesn’t work.
Career advice needs to have five components to make it useful:
- Not boring as shit (Only time I swear on this site, I promise)
This is why I created this ultimate guide. I’m sick of boring, shallow career advice that doesn’t help people advance their career. All of my career advice comes from a very specific viewpoint: The struggle.
It’s meant for people who are currently struggling with their career and want to take it to the next level, but for whatever reasons, can’t do it. If you’re advancing your career at a nice pace, get along with your boss, like the company of your co-workers and are happy with your compensation, this guide is probably not for you. You are the 1%. Enjoy it while it lasts.
For everyone else who is miserable, this guide is for you. You’re on a website called “Fire Me I Beg You.” I just want to manage your expectations 🙂 Also, this guide is not meant to be consumed in one session. I recommend consuming one chapter at a time.
Here is an overview of the chapters:
- Back to the Basics: Everything You Need to Know About Finding a New Job in 2017
- How to Master Every Interview
- How to Build a Powerful Professional Network from Scratch (Even if You’re an Introvert) [GOES LIVE FEBRUARY 20TH]
- How to Double Your Salary in 3 Years [GOES LIVE FEBRUARY 27TH]
- How to Master Salary Negotiation [GOES LIVE MARCH 6TH]
- How to Master Linkedin [GOES LIVE MARCH 13TH]
- How to Quit Your Job and Get Everyone to Love You on Your Way Out [GOES LIVE MARCH 20TH]
- How to be a Productive Employee When Everyone Around You Sucks. [GOES LIVE MARCH 27TH]